COVID-19 update: Our Early Education and Care Centres and Family Day Care educators are currently operating as normal. Our Institute staff are continuing to train students and are accepting new enrolments.
Head office in Lawrence Street Toowoomba, including our Toy Library, is closed until further notice due to flooding.
Toy Library for Crows Nest coming soon!
All other operations of the business are as per usual, with staff working remotely. If you require any assistance please contact our reception on 07 4633 8400.
Looking to make your next career move into or within the early childhood sector? The Kath Dickson Institute can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Established in 1996, the Kath Dickson Institute is a registered training organisation (RTO 5394) specialising in nationally recognised early childhood qualifications throughout Queensland. We want you to succeed, that’s why our approach to training is practical, supportive and flexible. You will be assigned your own trainer who will work with you to ensure you acquire the hands-on skills you need for your chosen role. They will provide support as and when you need it, in person, on the phone and by email.
WHY STUDY WITH THE KATH DICKSON INSTITUTE?
The Ipsos Public Affairs 2019, Australian vocational education and training statistics report shows:
- 88.5% of students had an improved employment status – compared to a National Average of 65.8%
- 60.1% of previously unemployed students gained employment after training with Kath Dickson Family Centre – compared to a National Average of 46.8%
- 40.9% of students enrolled in further training after graduating – compared to a National Average of 30.3%
- 95.3% of students would recommend us as Trainers – compared to a National Average of 88.9%
- 100% of students were satisfied with the Assessment – compared to a National Average of 89.2%